Next Fedora Release

Sean Estabrooks seanlkml at sympatico.ca
Mon Jun 7 12:45:31 UTC 2004

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 13:35:12 +0100
Andy Green <fedora at warmcat.com> wrote:

> Sure, selinux is going to be great.  But my assertion was that the ultimately
> abandoned attempt to get selinux support completed in time for FC2 possibly
> ate up a lot of time that might otherwise have gone to fixing some of the
> things that were fixed immediately after release and are being fixed now.

selinux wasn't abandoned.  It's still there, just not enabled by default.   You
never know how things are going to work out until you try, so it's hard to
fault the Fedora team for trying to push the envelope.

Many of the things being fixed now, are only being fixed now because people
who have access to the  hardware and the technical skill to solve problems
are just trying FC2 for the first time.    We need more people testing, reporting
and fixing bugs in the testing phase so that the bugs aren't found at the release
stage.

> I guess my wider question boils down to: I see the community is active on the
> ml in a good way.  Is that as far as we will ever penetrate?

What do you want?   If you're a developer you can get involved with any upstream
package you like and contribute directly.   Your code will make it into Fedora.
Or you could try some of the options presented on:

http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/

But you have to step up to the plate and do something, you not likely be turned
away if you have something to offer.

Cheers,
Sean