Re: Kernel with 8k Stack and Nvidia

Timothy K. Wagner wrote:
I've found that in order to run the newest nvidia driver you need to have an 8k stack size running on your kernel.
> I've also found on LinuxAnt's website an 8k stack Fedora Core 2 kernel. If I download an 8k stack kernel from > kernel.org it works fine, but the only thing I do not understand is how to get back the fancy X booting screen. > Whenever I put a new kernel in I lose that. Also, a few things get a little sketchy. So is there any other way to get > an 8k stack size for a Fedora Core 2 distro? Possibly from the Fedora Project itself?

Make sure you are passing the option "rhgb" to the kernel. Look at /boot/grub/grub.conf. Also, /etc/sysconfig/init
should have GRAPHICAL=yes. Should work nomatter what kernel you are running.