repost/wishlist item: FC2 libata/system response with busy di sk

Marc Lucke marc at marcsnet.com
Mon Jun 7 20:52:41 UTC 2004

2 comments:

(1) I have tried renicing.  nice sets the priority for CPU, not disk
activity I believe - in any case it did not work for me.  But thanks for
the answer!
(2a) Mate - if you like Windows so much then go back to it?  Rapidly
losing time for idiots that come onto a development version of Linux and
critise it - they should go back to Redmond and keep working on
Longhorn!  Your Microsoft cape is sticking out of your undies, my friend.
(2b) If you're not a Windoze fan but want a version of Linux which will
just work, then have a look at the enterprise version
http://www.redhat.com/ - they'll even support you included in the
price!  Otherwise I think I speak for all of us that knowing about
problems is good - people whining about them is unwelcome.
(2c) Since when did Linux have to be better than Windoze?  If you want
Windoze - hey - go buy it!  No-one is going to miss you if you do.

Marc