HELP - Cannot install GRUB

John Wendel john.wendel at metnet.navy.mil
Mon Jun 7 21:14:22 UTC 2004

I recently trashed a disk and I'm trying to recover. I got the partition table
rebuilt, and now I need to install GRUB.

Following the fine info instructions, I made a GRUB boot diskette, using the
stage1 and stage2 files from an FC2 install, but when it boots, it stops
immediately with a "GEOMETRY ERROR".

The error message doesn't reference a disk, but I'm assuming it looked at the
repaired disk and didn't like it. Now I know the partitions are semi-bogus
(not on cylinder boundaries), but everything works (I can mount/access the
disk without errors).

Any advice on how to proceed will be appreciated.

Regards,

John