FC3 requests

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Mon Jun 7 21:36:11 UTC 2004

Once upon a time, Jason Dravet <dravet at calumet.purdue.edu> said:
> This is what I would like to see in FC3:
>
> 2. gnome menu editing

Big ditto.

> 3. support for the SGI 1600SW monitor

Not familiar with this: why does a monitor require special support?

> The following is a question, please bear in mind I am not a programmer, why
> is /proc still around?  Isn't sysfs supposed to replace /proc?

sysfs replaces some of proc (mostly the ad-hoc stuff thrown in proc for
lack of a better place, like /proc/pci, /proc/ide, etc.).  proc will
still be the "process" filesystem (ideally eventually proc will just
contain /proc/<pid> and /proc/self).

Also, there's way too much legacy stuff to drop support for the stuff in
proc that shouldn't be there.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>