burning install CDs from ISOs with Windows XP

Mike Dixon mdixon10 at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Jun 7 23:31:33 UTC 2004

thanks to all - Steven Stern and Roger Sowerby in particular - for help
with the CD burning issue - Roxio worked fine, but disks two and three
were corrupted  - which I didn't find out until the middle of the
install process. Helps to follow directions and do a media check on all
disks, which I neglected to do. I did run across the dreaded XP/FC2 dual
boot problem - and tried a couple of solutions which I found at the
weblogs.oreilly.com and lwn.net - neither of which worked for me, but
then again I'm really new at this and didn't understand all the
instructions. So, Windows wouldn't boot. I haven't seen this solution
mentioned anywhere else, but it worked for me. I did a clean install of
FC1 and voila! I do want to give FC2 a try - anyone have any
recommendations re:installation which will work for a person who's
really new to this?

I also want to thank those who are welcoming to newbies on this list. I
don't understand a lot of the technical mumbo-jumbo, but have seen a
number of things come through which will be helpful, just in my one day
on the list.

Thanks again all-

Mike