[Critique me!] READ THIS NOW: WINXP DUAL BOOT/ASUS P4P plus useful links, too!

melgil88 melgil88 at optonline.net
Tue Jun 8 10:40:23 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-08 at 03:43, Chris Kloiber wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-06-08 at 09:27, Sean Estabrooks wrote:
> > On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 21:16:18 -0400 (EDT)
> > "William Hooper" <whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net> wrote:
> >
> > > What does this gain over the posts already made from fedoranews.org?
> > >
> > > http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-May/msg04861.html

Well, I went there and if I'm having an emergency, the little abstract
in the note doesn't give me much info on where to go except to read
news.  I did go to the News page and yes, in the middle of the page is
the Windows problem.  I think the newsletter is great (I never knew
there was one) but maybe a little too wordy for someone who's at their
wit's end. However, I will include it in the list tonight.

> > <$0.02>
> > Listing the hot topics in the email looks like an improvement, and it draws
> > from more sources than just what is on fedoranews.org.   It seems to
> > strike a nice balance between quick summaries and pointers to further
::snipperoo::
> In an ideal world, something like this (and a link to FedoraNews) would
> be in one or more of the emails you receive while signing up to join
> this list, encouraging new users to search there before posting. Also
> might be usful in the monthly "You know, your are subscribed to this
> list, and your password is..." email.

Now THAT is a good idea!  Slapping the worst bugs, FedoraNews and FAQ
links in the "welcome" email would be great.  Although...perhaps might
make it too long to capture people's attention?  Maybe it would still
help though.  If the list owner wants to take the list (or bits of it)
and put it in there, that's no problem with me!