[FC2 x86_64] Kudzu does not accept keyboard input

Chris Kloiber ckloiber at ckloiber.com
Tue Jun 8 11:02:38 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-08 at 17:50, Peter Boy wrote:
> Just detected following problem here:
>
> If you change your hardware during boot up kudzu will start and ask for
> adjustments of your configuration. The Kudzu window appears here as
> expected with its initial question to hit a key to continue
> configuration, but does not accept any keyboard input. After a time out
> period the boot process will continue without changing anything. It's
> reproducable here for several times.
>
> I couldn't find a bugzilla entry about it. But if it is a wider spread
> problem I shouldn't be the only one. So: did anyone else had this issue
> or may it be due to my configuration here (which is quite standard) and
> not worth a bugzilla entry.

Try my custom kernels for the eMachines M680x (x86_64) laptops, the only
differences are one patch to make the IRQ's somewhat sane, and built-in
*HCI-HCD support (so the keyboards work). You didn't mention if this is
also a laptop, but just in case it isn't I have both uniprocessor and
smp kernels posted. You might also be able to avoid using the custom
kernels if you rebuild your initrd with the uhci-hcd and/or ehci-hcd
support inside it.

http://www.ckloiber.com/

Oh, by all means bugzilla if you haven't found it yet. With full
hardware details please. I'm hoping we can get the stock kernels to have
the *HCI-HCD support built in as we no longer have to worry about
fitting a floppy, and I would think very few modern machines do not
have/rely on USB any longer.

--
Chris Kloiber