[FC2] might be good but kernel 2.6 too much hassle...

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Jun 8 12:46:28 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 09:15:10 +0200,
  Christof Damian <christof at damian.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Jun 2004, Coume - Lubox.com wrote:
> >
> > Then now, I'm wondering if I should not format this damned HDD and
> > install FC1 again... but the thing that I really do not understand
> > is why saying kernel 2.6 is working fine when so many drivers are
> > not working anymore with it? or is it just me, who is really unlucky
> > and found the 2 non working driver with kernel 2.6.6 ???

I had some wierd software issue when using Redhat 9 and 2.4 kernels.
I was getting reports of disk errors, but the disks themselves were
saying they weren't reporting errors. I needed to reboot to stop the
errors once they started happening. I think the errors were either related
to the software raid drivers or the driver for the controller card
I was using for the disk drives. Since going to FC2 and a 2.6 kernel
I haven't seen the problem reappear.