Fedora Core 3 Wishlist

Doncho N. Gunchev mr700 at globalnet.bg
Tue Jun 8 13:14:57 UTC 2004

On Sunday 06 June 2004 14:30, Ankit Malik wrote:
> Fedora Core 3 Wishlist
>
> Just keep adding your wishes to it in points if possible
>
> 1. Faster KDE
    Possibly option to use kdm, xdm or gdm. It is now possible, but
requires editing by hand /etc/sysconfig/display and adding not too
well documented variable.

> Phew! that is all ... please post yours ..

    Some of your wishes are not possible, some are no problems at my PC.

    x. Radio support. Removing xawtv also removed radio. There's something
like gnomeradio and DMCRadio(console), but none is in or out of the box
(yum/apt repositories AFAIK).
    x. clamav/clamd/sagator/mailscanner in the box + choice to install all
sendmail, postfix and exim, but use specific one (during the install).
    x. WPAD script in /etc/profile.d/ (Web Proxy Auto Discovery). KDE does
support this and it does work well. With mozilla you have to fill the
proxy autoconfiguration file by hand. This makes windows/linux integration
a bit easier and probably dhcpdman is good adition.
    x. Release note with link/info where and how to contact nVidia/ATI, so
all users will know where and what the problem is.
    x. Release note explaining why there's no mp3/avi/??? support in.

    About the documentation, it up to us to help with this. I have no
time right now, but if/when I do...
    btw: are this things not supposed to be filled in bugzilla as RFEs?

--
Regards,
  Doncho N. Gunchev    Registered Linux User #291323 at counter.li.org
  GPG-Key-ID: 1024D/DA454F79
  Key fingerprint = 684F 688B C508 C609 0371  5E0F A089 CB15 DA45 4F79