Re: [FC2] Best option for PCMCIA Wireless card

Probably an unrelated issue but I found that if you mark such an interface to run at boot time that it would not. BUT if you uncheck that option the card would start up as expected when the pcmcia services start. (always seemed odd that the pcmcia services start after networking services when your network card is a pcmcia card ....)

I am familiar with that phenomemon. I actually tested both initialize at boot, and not initialize at boot. However, the boot messages indicate the problem occurs before that becomes an issue. pcmcia services are not being initialized properly and aren't even finding a socket they can probe for devices.