NVidia driver on FC1 (tech prob not idiological)

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Jun 8 17:47:44 UTC 2004

[ resend - without GPG signing due to mailman bug ]

Am Di, den 08.06.2004 schrieb Gary Stainburn um 18:04:

> I've not changed the card, it's in a laptop and I think they'd get
upset :)
> In WinXP it's reported as:
>
> NVidia GeForce FX Go5600 (Sony)

>From the NVidia driver's readme the card/chip is supported

> and runs at 1400x1050 32bit and the monitor tab shows a 60Hz refresh
rate.

> As the files above show, I didn't change any resolution or frequencies
etc. in
> the config files.

Try what the readme offers:

Option "IgnoreEDID" "boolean"

and adjust the frequency settings as the refresh rates seem to not fit.
You may to check whether a different default resolution works.

> BTW, I'm having trouble with sound crashing at the moment and someone
has
> suggested that it maybe because ACPI is not in the kernel (the battery
icon
> is disabled which tends to coroborate this).  Could this have anything
to do
> with it maybe?

No, normaly not. And ACPI is in the kernel. Just add to the kernel line
in /etc/grub.conf the setting acpi=on to activate ACPI.

> Gary

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.6.5-1.358
Serendipity 19:47:07 up 6 days, 20:05, load average: 0.55, 0.40, 0.31