fedora core 2 sore spots

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Tue Jun 8 18:50:01 UTC 2004

At 06:17 6/8/2004, Trond Are Haugland wrote:
>dsyates wrote:
>>up2date still sucks. (yes. I know yum works fine)
>
>I don't understand, up2date has worked perfectly for me in both
>Fedora Core 1 & 2. In what way does it suck for you?

Agreed. I have only used yum so far on a system which is RHL-7.3 and
updating from Fedora Legacy. All my other systems use up2date and work
beautifully... in particular I now appreciate the -k option which lets me
point to a local directory, and the ability to put local directories also
in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources. Please provide more detail on its perceived
"suckiness" for you.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz