Re: fedora core 2 sore spots

At 06:17 6/8/2004, Trond Are Haugland wrote:
dsyates wrote:
up2date still sucks. (yes. I know yum works fine)

I don't understand, up2date has worked perfectly for me in both Fedora Core 1 & 2. In what way does it suck for you?

Agreed. I have only used yum so far on a system which is RHL-7.3 and updating from Fedora Legacy. All my other systems use up2date and work beautifully... in particular I now appreciate the -k option which lets me point to a local directory, and the ability to put local directories also in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources. Please provide more detail on its perceived "suckiness" for you.

Cheers,

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz simpaticus com http://www.simpaticus.com