Re: Need help with a DNS problem

At 13:50 6/4/2004, Andy Green wrote:
On Friday 04 June 2004 20:44, Allen Winter wrote:
> is the 'install ipv6 /bin/true' method the preferred way to turn off ipv6?

However that IS the official way to stop a module loading at the module level,
it effectively says t use /bin/true as the loader for the module, which does
nothing but return a happy retcode. There is probably stuff
in /etc/sysconfig smewhere which can turn it off at a higher level.

I have successfully turned off IPv6 using Andy's suggestion, and my thanks to him.

However, I have not found any "cleaner" method of indicating to the system that I have no intention or interest in running IPv6. Nothing in /etc/sysconfig, for example. Does anyone know where I might nicely indicate that to the system, or whether this is the only/accepted/recommended way?

Cheers,

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz simpaticus com http://www.simpaticus.com