Gnome Sound Recorder work for anyone?

Jack Bowling jbinpg at shaw.ca
Wed Jun 9 02:33:04 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 07:57:40PM -0500, Gerry Tool wrote:
> I open Gnome Sound Recorder and click on the Record button.  I hear a
> system sound indicating the button was clicked, but the button stays
> red and nothing else happens.  Sound Recorder works on my system in an
> FC1 install, but did not work in FC2T3 nor does it work in final FC2
> from a fresh install. My sound card is onboard C-Media CM8738.  It plays
> gnome system sounds fine, plays .ogg files fine and plays the test
> sound in the Soundcard Detection applet.  Sounds work fine playing
> DVDs in Totem.
>

> I have added this to bug #100774.  Since there is no fix or workaround
> listed there, and I can't find a thread on this list discussing this,
> I'm asking if anyone has Sound Recorder working and knows a fix for this
> problem.

I don't think Sound Recorder has been retooled to work with alsa yet.
Certainly it is just about useless in FC2. There are many better sound
recording apps out there for you to explore. Some of them even work with
alsa. I suggest a google search using "alsa enabled sound recording
programs" might turn up something.

--
Jack Bowling
mailto: jbinpg at shaw.ca