realplayer

Keith ac7xc-lnx at wvi.com
Wed Jun 9 06:07:23 UTC 2004

Patrick Dupre wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a realplay working under Fedora 2.
> I get a message:
> Cannot open the audio device. Another application may be suing it.
>
> I look around but without any solution.
>
> Thank.

  We need more information:
Are you using ESD, OSS, ALSA, ARTS(KDE) or another sound driver?
What is the type of sound card you are using and does it work when you
set up sound and run test?
I know from personal experience that realplayer 8 will lock
up with ARTS.
If are not sure open up xmms and under preferences you can get a drop
down list of available sound systems. If you are using ARTS switch to
OSS or ALSA and see if that makes a difference, you can do that in the
KDE control panel.