FC2 & ATI Radeon 7000

Jon Shorie jshorie at medinaco.org
Wed Jun 9 12:07:11 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 09 June 2004 05:41, fedora-list-request at redhat.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone had success running X on a machine with stock FC2 & ATI Radeon
> 7000 video card?
>
> I get the following error message whenever I try to start X from command
> line...
>
> FATAL : "Module agpgart not found".
> [drm] failed to load kernel module "agpgart"
>
> modprobe can't find agpgart.
>
> What do I need to install/remove?
>
> TIA,
> Prakash

I have not had a problem.  I have it running on two different machines with
radeon 7000 cards.  They work wonderfully.  I also have it running on 1
machine with a rage 128 pro video card.

I plan to enentually upgrade 5 other machines which are currently running with
either Redhat 9 or Fedora 1 with either rage 128 pro or rage pro turbo video
cards.  If anybody needs a /etc/X11/xorg.conf for one of these machines,
please email me off list.