Re: End of life for FC1?

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 16:12:07 +0300, Niilo Kajander <nk kajander fi> wrote:
> > AFAIR when FC3 get released, FC1 "support" will be dropped. After that
> > the Fedora Legacy Project will take over and provide unofficial updates
> > for some time. See http://www.fedoralegacy.org/.
>
> There is no actual stated date yet for when fc1 will go eol. there is
> a 2-3 month
> window after fc2 release when fc1 eol is expected. Do NOT expect fc3
> to come out before fc1 eol. FC1 will most likely happen during fc3
> testing phase.  As soon as the fc3 testing schedule gets
> created....fc1 eol will most likely be set as well.

Considering all of the problems that FC 2 has been having, I wonder if
Redhat would consider changing the published schedule so that a version of
FC wouldn't EOL until the second-following version was released.  IOW, FC
1 shouldn't EOL until FC 3 is released, and FC 2 shouldn't EOL until FC 4
is released.  That might give folks more peace of mind, that they aren't
forced to upgrade to a buggy release like FC 2.

Ben