FC2 install hangup - no luck after 2 hours fiddling

Wed Jun 9 14:40:12 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 13:01 +0200, Dalibor Petricevic wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 12:54:00 +0200, Fons van der Beek <fons at so-o.nl> wrote:
>
> > try
> > ide=nodma as bootparameter for the install
>
> o.k. latter today I will try
> also, I did not found any *usable* tips concerning Nvidia
> (and I think THAT is not the problem since the thing freez on the
> begining, while still in pure textual mode)

Agree - have seen/had lots of NVidia problems but only in X, usually
something to do with proprietary drivers (except for the dead fan on the
NVidia card that killed my machine yesterday, but that's OT).  A search
of the list archive and/or bugzilla will turn up plenty on NVidia and
the 4k stack problem, etc., etc....

You don't say if you actually tried the "Check Media" option.  If so,
just be sure to do md5sums in advance to verify the media and skip that
step.  Had a hang at that point in an FC2 test install a while back, but
skipping the media check let the install proceed successfully.

Some systems have trouble with ACPI.  Might try acpi=off as a boot
parameter also.

Phil