Re: Why software patents were a bad idea!!

On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 10:13 -0400, Aaron Bennett wrote:
> WipeOut wrote:
>
> > Looks like M$ is running around patenting everything it can think of..
> >
> > http://news.zdnet.co.uk/business/legal/0,39020651,39157145,00.htm
> >
> > Oh crap!! there goes the industry..
> >

> -1 Offtopic

This is _not_ off topic.

MP3 is out due to software patents.

   How many complaints we get per day?

Film playing is out due to software patents.

   How many complaints we get per day?

Of course, general discussion about software patents should be taken
else were, to a place where it is more likely to produce good results,
but people should be reminded that this problems we suffer are due
solely to software patents and the evil they bring solely by being
allowed and granted.

Not because we wouldn't like to have those abilities.

A good place to discuss about software patents is, probably,
patents aful org (search for this + subscribe in google and click on I'm
feeling lucky).

Rui