Re: problem is compiling FC2 with 2.4.26 kernel

I commented out the /sys line in the /etc/fstab and still the same problem persists.

Any suggestions

From: Sean Estabrooks <seanlkml sympatico ca>
To: fedora-list redhat com
CC: devietf hotmail com
Subject: Re: problem is compiling FC2 with 2.4.26 kernel
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 13:05:27 -0400

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 16:59:11 +0000
"Audsin Dev" <devietf hotmail com> wrote:

> Dear Fedora USers
>
> I am using Fedora Core 2 (with kernel 2.6.5). One of the software needed for > my research works only in 2.4 kernel . So i downloaded the 2.4.26 kernel and > compiled. Everything went on fine. But when i start my system with 2.4.26
> kernel i get the following messgae:
>
> uncompressing linux...ok, booting the kernel
> ide: late registration of driver
> mount: error 19 mounting sysfs
> unmount /sys failed :22

Hi,

You may run into additional problems trying to run FC2 with a 2.4 kernel
but the problem you mention should be solved by commenting out
the /sys line in your /etc/fstab file.

Good luck,
Sean

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page – FREE download! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200413ave/direct/01/