Re: Listing number of files

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 14:04:18 -0400, Jenkins, Jeremiah <jeremiah jenkins neustar biz> wrote:

I'm wondering if it's not counting directories....

It looks like it's also counting the blank lines inbetween directory listing ;)

if you have time, just for giggles, try ll -R|grep ogg |wc -l and see if
that reports the same number as the find commands.

Yeah, that gives the same number, but the 'find' is both easier and quicker. It also allows me to search for *.* filenames in a directory, so can be used to count both the OGG and MP3 contents in my music directory :D

--
Dylan Parry