No sound in FC2, worked okay in FC1

Bob Crosson rcrosson at nist.gov
Wed Jun 9 19:35:18 UTC 2004

This solved to my problem.  I assume, but don't know (haven't tested),
that this applies only to those running KDE.  My problem was that the
KDE mixer setting for the headphones' volume was set to zero.  By going
to Start/RedHat/K -> Sound & Video -> KMix I opened the mixer control
window.  By sliding up the volume control for the headphones, not the PC
speaker, my sound system started working.

Many thanks.

Bob Crosson
rcrosson at nist.gov

Message: 14