Re: mkswap on every boot

Steve Pyatt wrote:

I'm running FC2 and have my swap setup on a separate drive. It was formatted as a swap and everything looks good in /etc/fstab. However every time I reboot I have to run a mkswap and swapon against it. Is there any thoughts on this? Or is there anyway I can get that done on boot?

My fstab has this for swap. Is yours the same?

/dev/hda3 swap swap defaults 0 0

Does fdisk report the partition as being of type 82 (Linux swap)?

Yes it does. type 82 Linux Swap