Re: Cups crap

At 20:02 6/9/2004, Sean Estabrooks wrote:
On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 16:46:31 -0600
clemens dwf com wrote:
> With the foo-magic (or whatever) ppd file generated in FC2 *nothing* comes out
> of the HP (the Sharp isnt in the CUPS database).
> <snip>

I'll provide some balance to this argument by saying that I *never* managed to get a printer working before CUPS. Since CUPS came along, I've been able to set up and share 15 or so printers (mostly HP, a few Epson) flawlessly and easily. As far as I am concerned, CUPS is the best thing since sliced bread.

Cheers,

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz simpaticus com http://www.simpaticus.com