How to verify install CD's?

M. Fioretti mfioretti at mclink.it
Thu Jun 10 08:56:11 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 09:50:37 AM +0200, Marc Bruggeman (marc.bruggeman at pro.tiscali.be) wrote:

> when you have the iso image, you can do > md5sum <isoimage> to check for
> a correct download.
>
> When you have burned the CD, insert it and start the install.

Which is exactly what he said he didn't want to do. However, check the
archives of shrike-list, april 2003, thread subject "How to check
*CDROM* correctness?" for how to check if an already burned CD is OK
without rebooting.

HTH,
	Marco

--
Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti, at the server mclink.it

I was lucky enough to born in 1966, which gave me the liberty of
passing my childhood in a world that didn't [need] coloured
television, computers, Disney Shops, McDonalds, a media to tell it
what to think. Instead my mum used to read me poetry and tell me about
her life, and my dad used to sing me to sleep...            Laura Hird