Re: Cups crap

Gerry Tool wrote:
Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:

At 20:02 6/9/2004, Sean Estabrooks wrote:

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 16:46:31 -0600
clemens dwf com wrote:
> With the foo-magic (or whatever) ppd file generated in FC2 *nothing* comes out
> of the HP (the Sharp isnt in the CUPS database).
> <snip>

I'll provide some balance to this argument by saying that I *never* managed to get a printer working before CUPS. Since CUPS came along, I've been able to set up and share 15 or so printers (mostly HP, a few Epson) flawlessly and easily. As far as I am concerned, CUPS is the best thing since sliced bread.

Cheers,

I'll second that. It has gotten easier and easier with every iteration of CUPS. LPD used to be a nightmare to get working properly.

Gerry Tool

YES! It was only months ago that I conceded ease of printer setup to a friend who uses Windows exclusively -- and only weeks ago that I retracted that concession.

-- /earth is 98% full ... please delete anyone you can.

 10:03:00  up 2 days, 14:52,  8 users,  load average: 0.31, 0.30, 0.20
     One billion seconds ago it was 08:16:20 CDT Mon 10/02/72