Re: WTF: Stack Size 4k

On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 16:56, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> I'm confused.... this isn't 4kstack related at all....
> you said there were 4 problems associated with 4kstacks. I'm still
> waiting to hear
> about 4kstack specific problems that are not associated with the
> nvidia binary driver.

Well actually. Users of centrino hardware via ndiswrapper or linuxant
are pretty much stuffed. Why'd you think linuxant released the modified
kernel. But it gets worse. Pressure from redhat means that they are
removing the option to use 8k stacks. Makes things pretty tricky.
Centrino users will be cut out of the loop pretty soon. There is a
driver available from intel though I think but its *very* beta and has
not got many features.

--
Adam Cooper <adam cooper port ac uk>