linux video issue

Dave Stevens geek at uniserve.com
Thu Jun 10 17:57:25 UTC 2004

Hello video freaks,

I have a Proview 17" monitor that I use with FC1. For reasons I don't
understand there is a disconnect in a video issue. Sometimes if I open a
program its window will be partly off screen, often leaving buttons and other
controls off screen. Because the grab bar is at the top of the screen I can
not move the window to make them visible. I can slide the whole window
sideways or down ok, but I can not get access to the bottom bits.

Sometimes (but not always) I can click the maximize widget which will bring
the window perfectly into alignment with the visible screen and give me
access. I have twiddled my fingers off adjusting the screen width and height
buttons, I am satisfied the problem doesn't lie there.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Is this a common issue?

Dave
--
It is well known that nothing so excites the glands of a free market
capitalist as the offer of a government subsidy.