hardware advice

Craig Tinson craig at 8010.co.uk
Thu Jun 10 19:43:02 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 20:36, srb wrote:

> I have an Asus A7N8X-X (the "-X" series does not have dual-channel memory)
> and really like it. I've got an AMD 2500+ with 512MB OCZ Performance DDR400
> that works great. The NVidia chipset is really good, solid and stable...
> lots of bandwidth. I've tried many Linux distros that work without any
> problems (Fedora Core 2, Knoppix 3.4 to name just two). I've heard many
> people say that NVidia has the best chipset for AMD systems. If you plan to
> use Firewire or Serial-ATA you might want them to give you the A7N8X-Deluxe
> board instead which includes those goodies. :-)
>
> I hope that helps!
>
> -Steve.

well.. that sounds hopeful :)

actually it *is* the deluxe version they are offering.. and have just
found out (since posting the original post) that that mobo indeed *does*
have SATA Raid.. so was happier than I originally was..

good to know it works well though.. am planning on using it for a Myth
machine so performance and, more importantly, stability is high on the
priority list..

thanks again

Craig