mounting UDF disks

Mariano Draghi mdraghi at prosud.com
Thu Jun 10 21:19:15 UTC 2004

Bolívar escribió:

> At 17:09 10/6/2004 -0300, you wrote:
>> Bolívar escribió:
>>> On red-hat 9 i could mount UDF CD-RW disks without problem. On my
>>> FC2, they mount, but they mount "empty".
[...]
>>> other with Incd). Listing their contents in the terminal, i can see
>>> their files, but them all written in red and flashing
[...]
>> Sorry... this isn't going to be useful... but I can confirm this on
>> *SOME* of my CD-RW discs.
[...]
> We got somewhere. You say you experience this on "some" of your disks,
> can you remember which software you used to format this working ones?

Yes, Nero Burning Rom. But the funny thing is that ALL the CD-RWs that
I've tested are formatted with that software, with the very same
version, in the same box (at work). So far, I've found 2 discs that
cannot be properly mounted (ot of 5). So it's not the software... but
some combination of factors... I suspect it has to do with FC2 using
unicode and Windows not using unicode, combined with some "strange" file
name and/or a bug in the udf module of the kernel.

*The CDs I'm trying work prefect on FC1 and Knoppix 3.3 (kernel 2.4)*

Are you from Brazil? I'm from Argentina, so both of us might be using
non-english characteres in the filenames, right? (I do)
And if I remember well, the other guy who had problems was French.

But as I said, I couldn't find a pattern yet. It's not something
"coedpage-exlusive", because all the CDs that I tried have non-english
characters, and some of them works, and some doesn't.

--
Mariano