help: security newbie

javac javac javac at mail.com
Fri Jun 11 09:28:43 UTC 2004

hi all,

i'm running fedora core one and have security concerns.  my plan:

1.) keep fedora up to date.  does this entail downloading fedora core 2? or can i just do it with the update gizmo?

2.) figure out how to use my s.m.c. router.  i may turn to this list for help with that :)

3.) read, read, read about security.  any suggestions on where to start?  i prefer books over links, fwiw.

i say this because a few days ago startx froze up, when it never had before. i've re-installed, and that was a PITA.  not sure what the problem was, but security's now a concern ;)

(uhhh, hope the above wasn't taken as an invite by any crackers out there!)

thanks,

javac at mail.com
Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm