Re: [FC2] Kernel install

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, Graham Campbell wrote:

Just tried to update the kernel. This is the first time I have tried
doing this with yum. Here is the output:

kernel 100 % done 2/3
/sbin/mkinitrd: line 294: /sbin/nash: No such file or directory
/sbin/mkinitrd: line 294: /sbin/nash: No such file or directory
/sbin/mkinitrd: line 294: /sbin/nash: No such file or directory
/sbin/mkinitrd: line 294: /sbin/nash: No such file or directory
no temporary directory could be found
mkinitrd failed
Completing update for cvs  - 3/3
Kernel Updated/Installed, checking for bootloader
Grub found - making this kernel the default
Installed:  kernel 2.6.6-1.427.i686

Don't know what the problem is - but I had a slightky different error
with '424' kernel which I got arround with:

rpm -e kernel-2.6.6-1.427
ulimit -l unlimited
yum install kernel

Satish