Re: enable DNS

David Collantes wrote:

On 6/11/2004 2:50 PM, Nina Pham wrote:

hi, I tried to ping to yahoo, but it failed with error : unknown host yahoo.com. I think I didn't enable DNS. But when I restart "named", it doesn't report any thing. Any idea?

You do not need to run DNS to do what you are trying to do, but you need to list a valid (or more than one) DNS on your /etc/resolv.conf, which should contain:

search dnsdomainname.com
nameserver XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
nameserver XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

Of course, XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX are the IP of the DNS you are going to use. Done!

Cheers,

I already have that file with correct ipaddresses