Re: VNC

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, Mark Haney wrote:
> Yeah there are a couple of other things that I found out when I started
> using it on my boxes instead of exporting X over SSH.  fire up a terminal
> session on your FC box in any manner you choose (ssh, telnet, etc) and run
> vcnpasswd.

It's not a good idea to use telnet.  SSH is *much* better.  Also, I have a
quicky howto on tunneling VNC over ssh using PuTTY.

http://www.benjamin.weiss.name/putty-tunnel.html

Doing it this way also means that you can keep the firewall closed to the
vnc ports and only allow ssh through.  much more secure. :)

Ben