setting up a web server in a low security env

Jim Cornette jim-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Jun 11 21:48:24 UTC 2004

Are you using FC1 or FC2? I believe that FC1 uses samba and FC2 uses
cifs. Anyway, I usually revert to using ftp for transferring files from
a windows machine.

Good luck with your job and you might want to start out using FC1 or an
earlier RHL version. (7.3, 8.0 or 9)

There might be a problem with the machine running linux having a netbios
cached somewhere. I had this problem with one of my computer. At the
time, I dual booted and just changed it in winME. Of course winME is no
longer on the machine.

Jim