ATA card

Mick Mearns off_by_1 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 12 02:49:43 UTC 2004

> for
> anything,

Hello;
  I have an old "Promise Ultra-100" card that I tried on FC2.
It is PCI and has two 40 pin IDE conectors.

This was after the install to xfer files from the old drives.
I just plugged it in and powered up.

It did not seem to be detected by kudzu.
But 'fdisk -l' showed /dev/hde1 and /dev/hdf1

It worked just fine.

I know they make a newer 133 card but I dont have one.

Mick M

=====
Dogs have Masters - Cats have Staff!