Mouse click processing delay problem in X

David Balazic david.balazic at hermes.si
Sat Jun 12 11:48:04 UTC 2004

Hi!

I have a fresh clean FC2 with SELinux and found a really annoying thing
with the mouse in X ( GNOME Desktop ).

Sometimes when I click on window titlebar, move the mouse for example
upwards,
a selection rectangle appears on the desktop ( above the window ). As if the
click
was not correctly processed.

Looks like the click is noticed with some delay and the the current mouse
position
is evaluated and not the position when the click actually happened.

( by click I mean pishe the left mouse button and hold it, without releasing
it,
a standard "move the window with the mouse" operation )

This is _very_ annoying. Is it a known problem ?

Regards,
David
-----------
http://noepatents.org/           Innovation, not litigation !
---
David Balazic                      mailto:david.balazic at hermes.si
HERMES Softlab                 http://www.hermes-softlab.com
Zagrebska cesta 104            Phone: +386 2 450 8851
SI-2000 Maribor
Slovenija
"Be excellent to each other." -
Bill S. Preston, Esq. & "Ted" Theodore Logan