Re: iptables restart

jdow wrote:

From: "Craig White" <craigwhite azapple com>

On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 16:24, Nina Pham wrote:

Hi, I change the rules in the iptables, what do I need to do to make sure that it will be in affect nexttime I boot the system.

---
service iptables save

Have "they" solved the dynamic IP address issue with the usual approach of "service iptables save" which simply presumes you have the same IP address upon reboot? I ended up rolling my own firewall to get around the issue.

what issue are you referring to?

I have been using this method for over 3 years with iptables with no troubles, and I am on a dynamic IP address.

{^_^}