FC2: Problems with ACPI/video brightness on a Dell Latitude X300

Hi

I installed Fedora core 2 on a brand new Dell Latitude X300 laptop. The
buttons controlling the display intensity (Fn+down/up arrows) do not work,
rather when I hit them I got a message like:

atkbd.c: Unknown key pressed ...

However, booting with acpi=off they work nicely. Of course acpi=off is not
an option since a lot of other things get broken (battery, cpu speed
control etc). I hope there is an option combination which can let them
work without stripping the machine of acpi at all.

BTW: they work nicely on Fedora core 1 with acpi activated...

                 Any (good) suggestion), and thanks for the help?

                         Alfredo

|  Alfredo Ferrari                         ||  Tel.: +41.22.767.6119         |
|  C.E.R.N.                                ||  Fax.: +41.22.767.7555         |
|  European Laboratory for Particle Physics||                                |
|  AB Division / ATB Group                 ||  e-mail:                       |
|  1211 Geneva 23                          ||     Alfredo Ferrari cern ch    |
|  Switzerland                             ||     Alfredo Ferrari mi infn it |