Sendmail or IPOP3D Issue

I have a small issue that is either related to sendmail or ipop3d
I don't know which, but here it is

I pull my mail from my mailserver (FC1 server ruuning sendmail and ipop3d)
It seems to be kind of slow pulling mail
The machine (windoze XP using Thunderbird mail client) is sitting right
here on the network.
I would think that it would pull mail REAL FAST since the mailserver is
sitting right on top of it on the same network.

It always pulls mail just fine, it just seems a little slow.

I was wondering if there is some tweaking I need to do to sendmail or
ipop3d.

Any ideas anyone??

Don Dupy
Systems Administrator