(no subject)

javac javac javac at mail.com
Sat Jun 12 19:03:14 UTC 2004

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 19
> Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 09:22:25 +0100
> From: Andy Green <fedora at warmcat.com>
> Subject: Re: help: x-micro USB WLAN adapter
> To: fedora-list at redhat.com

> On Saturday 12 June 2004 09:19, Andy Green wrote:
> > On Saturday 12 June 2004 07:30, javac javac wrote:
>
> > > in my area this is the cheapest adapter:
> > > <http://www.x-micro.com/wlan-usb.htm>, which isn't sold in major stores.
> > > this means that if i buy it and can't get it to work (with linux) there's
> > > a fee to return it.  i'd rather avoid the fee, and the hassle.
> >
> > Despite not being explicitly listed, looks like a Zyxel chipset jobbie
>
> I'm sorry, I mean Zydas, the driver link was correct.  A little digging in the
> faq shows it is what I thought it was:
>
> Q1:Which chipset does the WLAN USB adapter uses?
>  We use the Zidas ZD1201 chipset in our WLAN USB Adapter.
>
> So if you plan to use it with a 2.6 kernel like in FC2, this isn't the one for
> you.
>
> - -Andy
[..]

:(

presumabely it wouldn't work under any kernel..?

they claim "Operating system supported 	Windows 98Se, Me, 2000 and XP, Linux," which is why i asked.  saying it _can_ work under linux and demonstrating it are two different things.  looks like it could be the worst sort of marketing...grr.

thanks anyhow,

javac at mail dot com
Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm