FYI: HP Linux Inkjet Project

Etanisla Lopez-Ortiz fc2box at etanisla.com
Sun Jun 13 02:26:18 UTC 2004

Hey all,

I have an HP OfficeJet 6110 that kept having a hate/love relationship with
FC2. Some days, I could print to it, some days I couldn't, some days Kudzu
would say it wasn't there, some days Kudzu would say nothing. (Lately Kudzu
just hangs but that is a different problem, I think.)

Digging around I came across the official HP Linux Inkjet Project site [1] at
SourceForge. I walked through the steps for verifying the drivers existance,
and installing a printer. That's how I found out that FC2 had been looking at
my printer as a 6105. Deleted the 6105 'printer', and following the steps at
the site, reinstalled my 6110 properly. No more printer problems.

So, I just thought I'd share this link with everybody, just in case someone
else has a HP printer that won't behave properly.

BTW, I was greatly surprised to see the HP drivers 'preinstalled' in FC2.

[1] http://hpinkjet.sourceforge.net/index.php

--Etanisla
www.carelessthought.com