PlexWriter 24/10/40a FC1

David Nedrow listbox at nedron.net
Sun Jun 13 02:41:28 UTC 2004

[Sorry if this is a dupe]

John,

Try explicitly disabling DMA for the drive (man hdparm). If this fixes
your problems, you can make the change "permanent" by copying
/etc/sysconfig/harddisks to /etc/sysconfig/harddiskhdX (eg.
/etc/harddiskhdd) and set USE_DMA=0 in that file.

Note also that you shouldn't have to use SCSI emulation any longer,
since cdrecord has support for IDE burners now. Try "cdrecord dev=ATAPI
--scanbus" and you should get a list of the ATAPI device nodes.

-David