RH 9 to FC1/FC2 and some questions

Philippe phd2 at fcomfrench.com
Sun Jun 13 10:13:36 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-06-13 at 12:32, Ben Brown wrote:
> Sanjay:
>
> I currently use FC1 on all production servers at my day job, as well as
> production servers for my consulting clients. It does everything from
> HTTP proxy to firewalls & IDS to running a clustered web application. I
> have yet to see a system crash or malfunction because of instability or
> software error (at least, any software that came with Fedora).

Your testimonial is usefull, as many RH9 users feel the wind to choose
now to jump on FC1 or FC2, or Whitebox, and so on. My question is not
off topic, and is related to this thread.
Do you actually update your production server, as frequently as the
updates are provided, or you just keep a stable "original" version of
FC1, and thoroughly test every update which can affect your production
servers. My main concern is not really installing FC1 or FC2, but the
trust I can have into FC updates (no offense to the community working on
it) ;-)

Philippe

--
Philippe, Chiangmai, Thailand