HOWTO: FC2 USB Multicard Reader

Cam camilo at mesias.co.uk
Sun Jun 13 11:33:01 UTC 2004

William

>>scsi_mod: Unknown parameter `max_scsi_luns'
>

> Reading the bug report, it should be "max_luns" not "max_scsi_luns".

It's a 2.4 vs 2.6 thing.

2.4 kernels
/etc/modules.conf
options scsi_mod max_scsi_luns=8

2.6 kernels
/etc/modprobe.conf
options scsi_mod max_luns=8

Also users of removable flash drives should look into the following:

updfstab             to automatically update fstab
Gnome Disk Mounter   panel applet
autofs               if you want the mounting to be automatic
usbautocam           for automation with cameras and memory sticks
console.perms        for setting user permissions on devices
.gnome2/nautilus-scripts/ to run scripts from nautilus

use man or google to find out more about them.

I think it's high time that some gtk-python guru wrote a wizard app to
configure some/all of the above when a new device is plugged in,
according the user preferences. Any takers?

A well configured machine is even more usable than a Win XP one, but by
default few of the above are configured properly*, which is a shame.

-Cam

* updfstab and console.perms are set if you are lucky - you have to have
a device that matches the config and choose a mount point that matches
the existing ones.