Michael's FUD (Was: Fragen zu Synaptic)

Benjamin J. Weiss benjamin at Weiss.name
Sun Jun 13 13:50:05 UTC 2004

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004, Dag Wieers wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> I'm sorry to post in English, I can understand a bit of German, but sadly
> I cannot express myself in German very well. My English is somewhat
> better, although I would have prefered to do this in Dutch.
>
> I just discovered the 'Fragen zu Synaptic' thread and feel I deserve the
> right to answer Michael's new FUD. (And some of the FUD I've seen on the
> official Fedora channels in the past months).
>
> I don't mind Michael recruting people to help out the fedora.us project,
> the more people helping out, the better. What I do mind is that he has to
> trash other projects (3rd party repos) in doing so.

Dag,

It's too bad that fedora.us is doing this.  As far as I'm concerned,
you're the best repo out there.  I've been using your repo since FC 1 came
out.

I must admit that I'm surprised that fedora.us doesn't want to work with
you.  I thought Fedora was supposed to be a community project.  If they
don't want to work with others in the community, perhaps it's not as much
of a community project as we were led to believe.

Whatever the case, please keep up the good work and know that your time,
effort, and dedication are truly appreciated!

Ben