Xine under Fedora Core 2

Robert Locke rlocke at ralii.com
Sun Jun 13 18:42:39 UTC 2004

You might want to try exploring some of the additions for xine.

Back when I pulled the stuff by hand for my FC1 install, there were
several "dependencies" that I needed to obtain....

Now with FC2, I have learned to use yum, and, like you, did a "yum
install xine".  But I noticed it never grabbed a couple of "packages" I
had when I had done it by hand....  So I went and grabbed the pair of
them with "yum install xvidcore libdvdcss".  You might want to explore
the purposes and licensing issues surrounding those two packages....

--Rob