Re: Help - Can't perform NFS mount w/ Fedora Core 2

Edward Hourigan wrote:
I have not been able to perform an NFS mount since installing FC2. My NFS server machine
is the one running FC2.

The client machine is not fedora. It is running a Knoppix distribution using a 2.4.24 kernel.
The client machine's ip number is xxx.xxx.xxx.102  and the NFS version is 3.
On the client machine (102) I get:

root XXX:/home/ed#  mount dell:/data /mnt/dell/data
mount: dell:/data failed, reason given by server: Permission denied

try it with the nfsvers option, i.e.:
mount -o nfsvers=X dell:/data /mnt/dell/data
where X is the NFS version, whatever might work...

Cheers,
Hannes.