Delete key in GNOME Terminal

In FC2 with GNOME 2.6 in the GNOME Terminal I can't seem to find a way
to make the Delete key on my keyboard to behave as I would like (and as
it used to in previous versions of GNOME). If I go Edit -> Current
Profile and choose the Compatibility tab the three options for the
Delete key don't include what I'd like, namely for Delete to generate
forwards-delete. Any idea why this was changed?

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren dzr-web com          www.dzr-web.com